The information presented in this guide may be suitable to supplement your doctor-prescribed daily routines.
Please consult your doctor/physician first to get their advice if this guide is suitable for you to follow.
HERE ARE SOME HEALTHY TIPS FOR YOUR DAILY LIFE
The helpful tips in this guide could serve you well if you are able to practice it on a regular basis.So take some time to understand each of them first to determine if they are suitable for you. When it comes to health, we should all take it seriously. And being healthy is and always has been about a lifestyle change. Like everything else, Health is something that we all have to strive and work for it. “There is no free lunch” comes to mind and is even more so when it comes to achieving our health golds. And trust me… there are also no short-cuts. So stay positive, and remember that your health and happiness will bring joy to people who are around you and who care for your well-being.
Thank you for your time in reading through this PREFACE.
Have a great day ahead!
HEALTHY AND FIT
TIPS FOR PERSONAL HEALTH AND HYGIENE:
TIP #1) DRINK LESS ALCOHOL
We should not drink more than 3-4 units of alcohol per day for men. For women, this should be no more than 2-3 units. One alcohol unit roughly means 10ml of pure alcohol in an alcohol beverage. As a general guideline, for Ciders and Beer, no more than 2-3units. For Wine, no more than 2 units. For Spirits, no more than 1 unit, and for wine coolers, no more than 1.5 units. (Note that these are general guidelines)
TIP #2) KEEP YOUR HANDS CLEAN
How to wash hand with liquid soap properly.
Abstracted from Victoria state government Australia.
A lot of diseases are spread from contaminated hands. Clean hand save lives.
TIP #3) QUIT SMOKING
Pick up the courage to take the first step. Quit smoking today!
Wish to quit smoking but having difficulty doing so? Here are some tips for you to consider trying;
1) Identify and avoid situation which will trigger you to smoke. Have a plan to avoid or get through without smoking. E.g., avoid using the stairways if you always smoke there.
2) Delay your craving for tobacco by telling yourself to wait further few minutes first, do something to distract yourself for that period of time.
3) Chew something to fight craving like chewing gum, lozenges, nuts, raw vegetables.
4) Do more physical activities to distract yourself; exercise, do chores, sports games.
5) Practice relaxation techniques instead of smoking when stress.
6) Get support from family, friends, support groups, reminding you the benefits of smoking cessation.
TIP#4) GET ENOUGH SLEEP
An average adult need around 7-9 hours of sleep. Sleep increases your ability to focus and remember new information, improves your mood & lower